Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Na Guroradhikam...

Jai Matha Jai Gurudeva

I want to share with you all a small incident which I would have, not long ago, dismissed as routine and insignificant. With the grace of Pujya Guruji, I am now able to recognise the profound truth that the GURU IS EVERYTHING in each little thing. It hits me like a ton of bricks that leaves me seeing stars- happy, blissful stars!

My son had the habit of listening to his brand of music with ear phones on- I am sure with volume turned on full blast- for hours together. This worried me no end as I imagined dire consequences including loss of hearing and brain damage. I requested him to at least restrict it for a few songs at a time- but with all the logic of a 19 year old he argued that it helped him study and it didn’t disturb the household either- so what was my problem?

I next did what was best- I mentally prayed to Pujya Guruji to solve this problem for me, and forgot all about it.

This morning, he came to me asking to see a doctor. He said his ears were full of wax which rattled when he shook his head, and he wanted it removed. Then he tentatively asked me whether it was because of the earphones, and admitted that he had stopped using them for the past month anyway. Now that he mentioned it, I recall that I haven’t seen him with the gadget on for a while now, and can hear soft music from him room.

Now this is what I call Guru Mahima!

The body, which sends messages every moment of what is good or bad for us, is the GURU.
The mind, which is able to understand this message, is the GURU.
The wisdom to act upon the message is the GURU.
The subtle inner prompts that help us in day to day activities are the GURU.
There is nothing which is not the GURU, everything is the GURU.

I have been listening to this truth, maybe mechanically, for the past six months in Pujya Guruji’s Guru Gita satsangs, but it has finally impacted me now. Dhanyosmi!

Sharira, indriya, prana, chitta, buddhi, chara, achara, stavaram, jangamam... anoraniyaan, mahatomahiyaan... vyaaptam yeva jagatsarvam... Guroh parataram naasti, na Guroradhikam... sarvam Guru mayam.

Jai Guru Nimishananda! Gurucharanarpanamastu!

No comments:

Post a Comment